What to plan
Before you start writing an article:
- You should consider where the article is going to appear, who is going to read it and what is the purpose of your article
- In view of the points above decide on the style, language and level of formality: Formal? Light-hearted? Semi-formal?
- Do research about your topic and organize it
- Choose two or three ideas you would like to include in your article
- Go straight to the point. Beating around the bush will not get you any readers
- Argue your point. An article is not an essay, therefore your opinion is of uttermost importance
- Introduce anecdotes or real cases that can back your ideas
- Think of a title that can awake the reader´s interest and stimulate his appetite to read your article.